Upcoming Financial Aid Deadlines:
Priority Deadline for FAFSA - March 2nd
Priority Deadline for CA Dream Act - March 2nd
We know that when it comes to paying for college many students are at a loss. A great first step is to familiarize yourself with local community scholarships. We have listed some great scholarships below, but this is not an exhaustive list. Check out Unigo, FastWeb and California Colleges to learn more about scholarship opportunities you may be eligible for.
Immigrants Rising Scholarships and Fellowships
Get a complete list of 344 undergraduate and 302 graduate/post-graduate scholarships and fellowships that do not require proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency (425 are open to individuals who don’t have DACA).
MALDEF Scholarships (for undocumented students)
Check out various scholarships that may of interest to you.
2021 Tzu Chi Scholarship Program
Due: April 3, 2021
Larry Wong Memorial Scholarship
Due: April 15, 2021
Complete application needs to be submitted to Ms. Perez on schoology or email, email@example.com
DUE: April 2
SCAG Scholarship Program: Due April 23
- Must be a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled in a two-year community college in the SCAG region. Graduating high school seniors must enroll in higher education (two- or four-year college or university) immediately following graduation from high school (i.e., no gap year).
- GPA Minimum: Candidates must have a 3.00 grade point average or higher (based on a 4.00, unweighted scale).
California Credit Union Scholarship
Due: March 26
- Resident of Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego or Orange Counties OR a California or North Island Credit Union member/dependent of a member who may live outside of our core service area
- College-bound high school seniors OR community college students transferring to a four–year university
- Minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA)
Shelly Spiegel-Colman Scholarship
Due: April 12
- Must be a graduating senior
- Going to college to become a teacher or counselor
- Must be bilingual and want to work with bilingual students one day
Daniel Herrera Memorial Scholarship
Due: April 12
1. High School graduate who is pursuing a career in education or community service with a focus on serving ethnically diverse society
2. Student who is bilingual in Spanish/English, or has Native American Tribal Affiliation
3. Resilient students who in their earlier school career had academic or personal obstacles to overcome
4. Student who is, or has been, involved in outside community work or service
TANLA Scholarship for Future Teachers
Due: April 30
1. Be a graduating senior from a Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District.
2. Be planning to enter the teaching profession and carry at least 12 units the first semester of college.
California Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation Scholarship
DUE: June 1
- Be a full time student (undergraduate or graduate) in good academic standing at an accredited college or university, OR
- Be a graduating high school senior with written proof of acceptance at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5
- Submit a completed application along with all required supplementary documents by the application deadline.
PTA Council Scholarship
DUE: April 30
Three awards will be given to Norwalk High School students. You need to become a member of the PTA if you are not already. Become a member here
DUE: September 10
Current grade point average (3.0 or better)
Documented Civic & Community service involvement
Written essay (see application requirements)
City of Norwalk Environmental Awareness Scholarship
Due: April 29
To be eligible you must be a senior from a public or private high school, reside in the City of Norwalk and have a minimum 2.0 GPA. Applicants must submit all of the following items to be considered.
A. Completed application
C. Transcript with GPA
Dream Big Scholarship
Due: May 19
● Graduate with a minimum of a 2.0 G.P.A. overall
● Have community service experience (Pre-covid is ok)
● Be a graduating high school senior from Norwalk-La Mirada USD
● Provide proof of enrollment in accredited higher education institution
DUE: May 14
Open to all graduating Norwalk HS seniors who are planning on attending a college in the fall.