I've taught at Norwalk High since 2000. That's 17 years! I guess, I am getting to be one of the old men on the campus. I am an English teacher by trade and have taught all grade levels. Additionally, I designed an elective that explores various aspect of the world of comix.
- Expository Reading Reading and Writing Course or ERWC
- Advanced Placement English Literature
- Comix Appreciation
Brief History of My Education:
- I graduated high school without honors.
- I attended Golden West Community College
- I earned my Bachelors in English Literature from CSU, Long Beach
- I earned my Masters in English Literature from CSULB, as well
- My masters thesis, Multi-Cultural Noise and Ishmael Reed's Mumbo Jumbo, was nominated for best thesis
- I am an avid reader of both prose and comix.
- I have been drawing and publishing my comix for over 20 years and have self-published three graphic novels.
- I am a huge record collector. It is truly a sickness.
About ten years ago some members of the English Department got the crazy idea that we can start a band and play at the NHS Talent show. Even though we are not musicians, we dug up instruments and taught ourselves how to play.
- Annette Aragon: Battery
- Janice Kroupa: Tonsils
- Marcus Woodworth: Fat String Bending
- Jong Kim: Skinny String Beding
- Me: Additonal Skinny String Bending
- Invisible Members: Susana Edwards, Kristen Pinta, Doris Doyon, and Nancy Lanpher
- Rock Climbing Guide
- Paint Deliverer
- UPS Sorter
- Surf Board Shop Layabout
My Three Favorite Authors:
- Cormac McCarthy
- Phillip Roth
- Toni Morrison
Close runner up: Salmon Rushdie